ALTER CREDENTIAL SYNTAX
ALTER CREDENTIAL credentialname WITH IDENTITY = 'identityname' , SECRET = 'secret'
The IDENTITY and SECRET for a credential can be changed using ALTER CREDENTIAL.
Example of Alter Credential:
USE [master] GO ALTER CREDENTIAL [credential1] WITH IDENTITY = N'username1', SECRET = N'password1' GO
USING SQL SERVER MANAGEMENT STUDIO (SSMS) TO ALTER CREDENTIAL:
- Open SSMS and connect to the server in object explorer.
- Expand server and Security
- In Security Expand
- DoubleClick on the Credential name
- Credential properties dailog will pop up
- Now change the credential properties such as IDENTITY, Password and click on Ok
Reference : Devi Prasad (sqlserverlearner.com)
Tags: alter credential explained in detail, example of alter credential, how to alter credential, how to alter credential using ssms