SQL Server 2011 – Code Name “Denali”
SQL Server 2011 CTP is released.
Following are the new features added in Denali:
- HADR – high-availability and disaster recovery solution
- Enhanced TSQL debugging
- Enhanced IntelliSense
- PowerShell – This is a prerequisite now for Denali
- Contained Databases – Helps in easyly moving databases from one instance to other.
- Access to contained databases with out logins
- Startup Parameters – Helps in setting up startup options
- Enhanced full-text index
- Simplified Metadata Discovery – SET FMTONLY
- Execute Statement – WITH RESULT SETS Option
- New Supplementary characters Family
- Spatial Types – circular arc segments Support
- Sequence object – Similar to identity but not just bound to tables
- New Permissions such as GRANT, REVOKE, and DENY on SEARCH PROPERTY LIST , CREATE SERVER ROLE and ALTER ANY SERVER ROLE
- User defined server roles
- Hashing Enhancements – HASHBYTES
Download CTP1 Link: Download
Books Online For Denali: Link
This information is for preview only and is subject to change.
Reference: Microsoft books online.
One Reply to “sql server 2011 released”