SUBSYSTEMS OF SQL SERVER PROXIES
Following are the different subsystems of SQL Server Proxies:
- ActiveX Script
- Operating System (cmdExec)
- Replication Distributor
- Replication Merge
- Replication Queue Reader
- Replication Snapshot
- Replication Transaction-Log Reader
- SQL Server Analysis Services Command
- SQL Services Analysis Services Query
- SQL Server Integration Services Package
- Power Shell
Why so many subsystems?
SQL Server Proxies are mainly used to impersonate different users authentication for a job step.
So if we open the a job step we find the same subsystems shown above as types.
Below are the screen shots that explain in more detail.
New Proxy – Sub Categories:
New Job Step – Types:
Hence the Subcategories in Proxies are related to Job types in Jobs.